Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 6 09 2:33 PM

Tags : :

Please suggest your own mnemonics here. It would be good if they used the KD (kanji damage) keywords.
If I like your mnemonic, I'l use it in the regular site.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 25 10 10:35 AM

mnmnemonmics

I know I shouldn't really suggest stuff like this, because changing it would mean going back through the entire site and re-writing about 50 mnemonic stories, but anyway...a couple I made up for my own use were:

- The thing that looks like a B in 都、廊、部 and so on is called 'town' in kanji dicks, but I recently found out that it's a letter in the German alphabet for a double-S, so basically, the SS!

- The 'totally out of line shit' in 融 and 隔 for some reason reminds me of Bobba Fett:

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 1 10 11:34 AM

@boppitman: once again, you are totally right on. I kind of want to steal your idea, but I'm kind of torn - is it useful to ask people to learn a radical that only has two instances?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 7 10 8:11 AM

You don't have to steal my idea - all you have to do is include it in KD, credit me as co-author, and then pay me a percentage of all future proceeds - sounds like a good deal, right?

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 21 10 12:52 PM

I had trouble remembering the difference between 辛 and 幸, until I started thinking of the extra line as a line of coke. With that, I can just say "one line of coke is all you need to bring you from a painful state to a state of happiness".

Also, with 喫, I prefer saying that "to enjoy a drink and a smoke is kinda like a contract with your mouth, because you provide your mouth with stuff to consume, and in return, your mouth transmits pleasing flavors to your brain. So it's kinda like a mutual agreement". Maybe it's just a preference of mine, but when I put it like that, I have a much easier time remembering it, because of the role the various keywords have in the sentence or something. Maybe my brain just interprets "with my mouth" as an unnecessary addition (since the sentence would have the same meaning without it) and decides to just forget that part.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 28 10 4:36 PM

Right now 巻 doesn't have a mnemonic, and in 圏 you use it as a fruit roll-up, so...

巻 = horny heaven + myself
onyomi is KAN

I ate a fruit roll-up by myself and it sent me to horny heaven, where I met Genghis KHAN. You probably don't wanna hear about the next part.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 1 12 4:32 PM

芯 Heisig # 647

Charlie SHEEN knows deep in his heart that grass won't help his wick

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Apr 5 12 5:03 PM

憩 Heisig 658

658 憩 Kay (KEI) tongued herself to her heart's content during recess/the break

I need help with these--anyone have any sick and twisted suggestions?

648 忠 CHUU heart center loyalty
649 串 skewer CUSHY

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Apr 7 12 1:44 PM

寡 Heisig 664 widow and 665 忙 busy

Heisig 664 WRP 1216
寡 Under the shed roof giving head spreading to receive the gardener's eight inch pork sword? The widow
Her late husband in the shape of a crow calls out from a tree: KA

Heisig 665 WRP 529
忙 My heart's squished and I'm deceased, so I guess I'll be too busy to go on your BOUt ride.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 7 12 8:00 PM

WRP

It's White Rabbit Press, Japanese Kanji Flashcards, by Max Hodges (Author), Tomoko Okazaki (Author).
By giving you the index number of their cards in addition to Heisig's number, I'm showing off that I plunked down a whole lotta money for my kanji cards.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 10 12 5:16 PM

憾 Heisig 678

Inspired by Schultz's awesome opening mnemonic!

After Omicron Ceti III, Spock's state of mind and his emotion caused him great remorse, but they didn't get him KANned

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 14 12 10:25 AM

拉, aka Heisig 696 (who calls it "yank" for some

Crush the masochistic transsexual Latin kidnapper's finger while standing over him writhing in his HE-SHE-GOO.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 14 12 10:31 AM

KD 963, 搭 board (revisited)

While boarding the Titanic, Kate W. was wearing a tightly fitting floral print from her fingers to her TOUs.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help